Skip to main content

Clipomatic



This sweet application brought to you by Mike Lin (who also made Startup Monitor and Startup Control Panel) is a great help to people who commonly copy and paste text.

The application is called Clipomatic, and it is a free program you can download that allows you to keep multiple pieces of text in the clipboard. This way you have access to the last few blocks of text that you have copied to the clipboard.

When I found this application I was like "Right on!" because I always thought that instead of having one "sheet of paper" on the clipboard, it should be a buffer where you can keep multiple "sheets of paper". Especially when you are doing a lot of copying and pasting and you have to go back and forth with different snippets of text.

How it works it you just select text and copy it (Ctrl-c), or cut it (ctrl-x), like normal, but instead of pasting it with ctrl-v, use ctrl-alt-v, which brings up a submenu like in the screenshot above, which gives you a choice of the last 10 pieces of text that you pasted to the clipboard. (Actually it gives you the choice of eleven: the last thing you copied or cut, plus the ten before that.)

In addition, you can configure permanent pieces of text that always show up in the clipboard buffer, so like your name or email address or something that you are re-occuringly having to type in.

Go get productive with Clipomatic

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha! Sorry, I've been using this for a long time. I should have said something! :-)

UltraMon is cool if you use two monitors. It makes the taskbar span both screens.(http://www.ultramon.com) It isn't free, though. :-(

Popular posts from this blog

The Cephalopod and I

Silently the cephalopod somehow started shuddering as something somewhere suffering screamed out from someones sin. And strangely, when I saw the sin I also started struggling so, to stifle my sensation of a strangling sort of sound. I, descending south and circling, seeking, Swam to save the screaming something. I searched, the sound was sickening; Uncertain, stopped I, listening. The source I sought. The cephalopod, still shaking, swerved and suddenly just stopped and swooned, I ascertained The sound had ceased. I sobbed. Sadly, solemnly, the squid and I, together, side by side, swam home.

Open Office.org

You have probably heard of it by now, but if not, you should try using OpenOffice.org . It is an office suite like Microsoft Office, but it is open source. I like it because I like supporting open source projects, and I like alternatives to Microsoft. OpenOffice is FREE. I like quality free software. OpenOffice.org is mostly compatible with MS Office documents (ie, you can open documents made in MS Office, and save documents in MS Office format). I say mostly compatible because nobody knows what the MS Offics formats are. Even Microsoft Office documents themselves are not compatible with other versions of themselves. Anyways, it is a neat thing they got going on. Go to there website and download the application suite and give it a whirl. http://www.openoffice.org/

Painting: Injury

This is a painting I did with the computer program called Art Rage . This painting is called Injury. Not sure why it is called that, I usually name my paintings by the first word that comes to mind that I like. I hope you enjoy it.