Skip to main content

In Acapulco

So, I was watching the Lawrence Welk Show a few weeks ago, and this song came on. I thought it was so cool, that I went and looked up the lyrics. Unfortunately, just reading the words isn't as fun as listening to them being sung. I will have to find a recording of it somewhere...

In Acapulco

Chorus:

If you're romantic, chum,
Pack up your duds and come
To Acapulco.
You put your cares in hock
And throw away your clock
In Acapulco.
Where you can be as lazy as a daisy drifting in a blue lagoon,
You're wide awake at night, because you do your dreaming in the afternoon.
You'll get a Latin glow
Way down in Mehico,
Below the border.
And in a spot like this,
If you refuse a kiss
You're out of order.
And when the moon is new,
It's like a honeydew,
Come on and get yourself a slice;
And if you can't say Acapulco,
Then you can call it Paradise.

Patter:

When you meet someone you like,
You like to have a conversation,
When you do not understand,
It's such a touchy situation,
But you mustn't let it bother you,
You only have to know:
Chica linda, pretty baby,
Yo te quiero, I adore you,
Yo te quiero, chica linda, Muchi-si-si-si-simo.
As you're sittin' in the sun,
You sip a pitcher of papaya,
While you listen to a parrot
That they call a papagaya,
And you learn a lot of phrases that are very apropos.
Chica linda, pretty baby,
Dame_un beso, won't you kiss me,
Yo te quiero, chica linda, dame_un beso, dame lo
(Dame_un beso, dame lo)

Half-chorus:

You'll need some new huaraches,
When the mariachis
Start to play there.
And after you depart
I know your crazy heart
Is gonna stay there.
And if I haven't sold you
With the things I've told you,
Then I must repeat it twice,
That if you can't say Acapulco,
Then you can call it Paradise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cephalopod and I

Silently the cephalopod somehow started shuddering as something somewhere suffering screamed out from someones sin. And strangely, when I saw the sin I also started struggling so, to stifle my sensation of a strangling sort of sound. I, descending south and circling, seeking, Swam to save the screaming something. I searched, the sound was sickening; Uncertain, stopped I, listening. The source I sought. The cephalopod, still shaking, swerved and suddenly just stopped and swooned, I ascertained The sound had ceased. I sobbed. Sadly, solemnly, the squid and I, together, side by side, swam home.

Open Office.org

You have probably heard of it by now, but if not, you should try using OpenOffice.org . It is an office suite like Microsoft Office, but it is open source. I like it because I like supporting open source projects, and I like alternatives to Microsoft. OpenOffice is FREE. I like quality free software. OpenOffice.org is mostly compatible with MS Office documents (ie, you can open documents made in MS Office, and save documents in MS Office format). I say mostly compatible because nobody knows what the MS Offics formats are. Even Microsoft Office documents themselves are not compatible with other versions of themselves. Anyways, it is a neat thing they got going on. Go to there website and download the application suite and give it a whirl. http://www.openoffice.org/

Painting: Injury

This is a painting I did with the computer program called Art Rage . This painting is called Injury. Not sure why it is called that, I usually name my paintings by the first word that comes to mind that I like. I hope you enjoy it.